Carbon Monoxide Detector Installations in Rhinelander, WI
Carbon monoxide is an extremely dangerous gas. Without warning, it can kill your family if it goes undetected. To protect your household, you need to install a carbon monoxide detector. Call our experts at ICT Electric for installations in Rhinelander, WI. We guarantee satisfaction!
Protect your family from any potential fires. Call us for smoke detector installations in Oneida County.
Why You Need Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Do you have smoke detectors throughout your house, but you’re not sure if you need a carbon monoxide detector? It’s important to understand the importance of carbon monoxide detectors.
A carbon monoxide leak can cause threats to your home, and can pose serious health threats to your family. These can have deadly consequences if they are left untreated. Installing a carbon monoxide detector can alert your family to the leak so you can evacuate the property and get to safety.
How To Test Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Your carbon monoxide detector is only useful if it works. Our experts recommend testing your units regularly to ensure they work. Follow these tips to test your devices:
- Test the batteries: At least once a month, press the “test” button on the device to ensure it triggers an alert. You should perform this test more often during the winter months if you are using gas heat.
- Use a test kit: Purchase a kit to test the accuracy of the detector. The kit will include a canister of carbon monoxide so you can expose the device to high levels of gas. If the alarm sounds, then you know the device is working properly.
Do your lights flicker when you run a major appliance? Contact us to learn about whole-house surge protectors.
Types of Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon monoxide detectors come in many different varieties. Some common types our technicians recommend include:
- Digital: These display the current and previous carbon monoxide levels.
- Hardwired: These connect directly to your building’s power supply. They also include a battery backup in the case of a power outage.
- AC plug-in: These plug into outlets in your home, making them one of the more convenient options.
- Combined smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: These have both smoke and carbon monoxide sensors so you can install one device instead of two.
- Interconnected: These can connect with other alarms and monitors in your home, including smoke detectors and burglar alarms.
Do you need a carbon monoxide detector installed? Call ICT Electric at 715-432-1415 for services in Oneida County. We promise to arrive on time!