Do your lights intermittently flicker, either while they are on, or when you are running certain appliances? This can be due to a wiring issue or a problem with your power supply. Call our electricians at ICT Electric to let us inspect the issue and repair it.
When your wiring starts to malfunction, it can be difficult to determine when it needs to be repaired, and when it should be replaced. Some signs that can indicate you need to install new wiring are:
- You have bad wiring connections.
- You notice the lights dimming or brightening periodically.
- You notice the lights flickering.
- You notice the odor of burning plastic.
- You see sparks, flames, or smoke.
- You notice the wires start to overheat.
- You notice scorching around or behind the faceplate.
To protect your home or building, you should consider installing motion sensor lights at all entrances to the property. This can include near all doors and windows and by the garage. Installing sensors in these locations can help deter intruders, and also provide light in convenient areas to help prevent slips and falls.
Are you trying to determine if your electrical panel needs to be repaired? Our experts recommend looking for certain signs. This can include if your panel is overcrowded with double-tapped breakers with multiple wires. You should also watch for signs that there’s not enough capacity, like power surges and flickering lights. A physical sign you can look for is corrosion, like rust or water damage.
If you need to determine if your generator is working correctly, it’s essential to watch for these key signs that can indicate a problem. Our electricians recommend watching for:
- If there are signs of a leak.
- If it is low in coolant.
- If there is no fuel, or if fuel is leaking.
- If the battery is dead or malfunctioning.
- If the unit is not turning on correctly.
If you notice any of these signs, then you need to schedule professional services. Call our experts at ICT Electric for appointments in Rhinelander, WI.
Do you need repairs, replacements, or upgrades on your electrical system? Call our professionals at ICT Electric at 715-432-1415 for appointments in Oneida County. We offer straightforward pricing and promise to arrive on time.