Wiring Repair & Replacement in Rhinelander, WI
When you have a problem with the wiring in your home, you need to take action immediately. If not treated quickly by a professional, these can cause serious risks to your household, including the threat of a fire. To avoid these situations, it’s important to schedule wiring repair and replacement services at the first signs of a problem. Call ICT Electric for appointments in Rhinelander, WI. We promise to arrive on time when you book services with our electricians.
Keep your house comfortable by installing a new ceiling fan. Ask us about our ceiling fan and chandelier services.
Dangers of Aluminum Wiring
If you have aluminum wiring in your home, you should consider having it replaced. This type of wiring – often found in older homes – can expand, leading to overheating at the connection points. Other risks of using this type of wiring can include:
- It can become brittle and more prone to oxidation, which can cause electrical fires.
- The soft wires can get cut or crushed during renovation projects. Damaged wires can create hot spots, which can lead to overheating.
- A 55% higher risk of fires than in homes with copper wiring.
- When the wiring oxidizes, arcing can occur. This can lead to overheating and fire.
- When it rusts it can develop a white oxide that can lead to overheating.
When To Schedule Wiring Repairs
To protect your property and your loved ones, it’s essential to schedule wiring repair services at the first signs of an issue. Some symptoms you should watch for include:
- If you have too many extension cords running throughout your house.
- If your lights have started to dim or flicker.
- If you smell odd odors – especially near outlets and light switches.
- If you notice frequent sparks when plugging cords into outlets.
- If your outlets or light switches feel hot.
- If you are frequently tripping your circuit breaker.
- If you hear buzzing coming from the outlets or light switches.
Do you need to upgrade the lighting in your home or building? Contact us to schedule indoor lighting services.
Signs Your Wiring Needs To Be Replaced
It’s essential to call a professional to install new wiring at the first signs that the existing wires need to be replaced. Waiting too long can result in dangerous consequences for you and your family. Some symptoms you should watch for include:
- Bad connections. These can pose a potential fire risk.
- You notice the lights dimming or brightening periodically.
- You notice the lights flickering. This can signal a possible connection issue.
- You smell burning plastic.
- There are visible sparks, flames, or smoke.
- The wires are overheating.
- You notice scorching around or behind the face plate. The plate may also be hot to the touch.
Do you suspect there’s an issue with your wiring? Call ICT Electric at 715-432-1415 for wiring repair and replacement services in Oneida County. We offer straightforward pricing!