Smoke Detector Installation in Rhinelander, WI
If a fire occurs at your house or building, a functioning smoke detector is your best protection. You need as much time as possible to get your family and your building occupants safely out of the property. Because of this, it’s essential for your smoke detector to be installed correctly. Hire our experts at ICT Electric to install your device in Rhinelander, WI. We will send trusted technicians to do the work!
Don’t risk being kept in the dark during the next power outage. Learn about our whole-house generator services.
How To Ensure Your Smoke Detectors Work
Your smoke detectors are useless if they don’t work properly. To ensure your units work correctly, use these steps to check them:
- Check each monitor at least once a month.
- Install the proper amount of devices throughout your property.
- Place a monitor outside each bedroom in your house.
- Install a device on each floor of the building or home.
- Install monitors that are connected, so if one alarm sounds they all do to ensure they can be heard throughout the property.
- Take caution when installing a device near the kitchen as smoke from cooking can trigger false alarms.
- Install units with strobe lights in properties to alert anyone with hearing issues to the fire.
- Hire an electrician to correctly install the alarms and check on their functionality
Signs You Need New Smoke Detectors
If your smoke detectors are not working, it’s essential to replace them as soon as possible to keep your family protected.
Some signs that can indicate you need to replace your smoke detectors can include:
- You should replace your property’s smoke detectors at least every 10 years, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends. You should replace any devices older than 10 years as soon as possible. Hire an electrician to install new units, or to check the age of your current devices if you are uncertain.
- False alarms. If your devices are giving you false alarms it could mean there is an issue with the sensor. Have an electrician inspect the units to determine if they should be replaced.
Keep your family safe by installing a carbon monoxide monitor. Contact us to learn more details!
Test Your Smoke Detectors To Ensure They Work
Did you know you can test your smoke detectors to make sure they work correctly? Some steps you can take to test them include:
- Make sure everyone in the household is aware of the test.
- Position someone in the household at a point farthest away from the smoke detector. This will allow him or her to determine if the alarm can be heard throughout the entire house, or if more devices need to be installed.
- To trigger the alarm, press the test button and listen for the high-pitched alarm. While doing this, it can be a good time to replace the batteries (especially if they haven’t been changed for more than six months) or to remove dust or debris from the device.
Make sure your smoke detectors are installed correctly. Call ICT Electric at 715-432-1415 for smoke detector installation services in Oneida County. We guarantee satisfaction!