Light Switches and Dimmers in Rhinelander, WI
Do you want more control over the lighting in your house – including how much energy is being used? You can get this when you install new light switches and dimmer switches. Whether you want to improve the ambiance in a room or save energy, new switches, and dimmers can help. Call ICT Electric for services in Rhinelander, WI. We provide straightforward pricing so there are no surprises later!
Protect your house during the next big storm with a whole-house generator. Contact us to schedule an appointment in Oneida County.
What Are Dimmer Switches?
Have you walked into a friend or neighbor’s house and thought, wow, this is really welcoming lighting? Chances are they have dimmer switches installed. These function just like they sound – they can dim the lighting in a room to give you the amount of light you desire. You can use the unit to adjust the brightness of various areas of your house or building, depending on your needs and preferences. This can save energy by reducing the amount you are using to light each room and improve the ambiance in your home.
Areas To Install Dimmer Switches
While there are common areas to install dimmer switches, like a bathroom, you can install them in any room in your house. Some guidance our experts provide includes:
- Bathroom: These units can let you dim the lights first thing in the morning as you’re adjusting to the sun’s brightness. They can also help you relax at night while taking a hot bath.
- Bedroom: Installing these devices in your bedroom can help you lower the lights to make you sleepy and get you ready for bedtime.
- Kitchen: These units give you the versatility to make lights bright when you need them for cooking and softer late at night when you only need dim light in the area for midnight snacks.
- Hallways: Dim the lights to act as a night light overnight to increase safety in your home.
- Living room: Lower the lights when watching TV or a movie to create a more relaxing environment.
- Porch: These devices can provide enhanced security to help keep intruders away by dimming the lights at night on your porch.
Are you tired of waiting in a long line to charge your EV? You can charge it at home. Contact us to learn about our electric vehicle charging station services.
Common Types of Light Switches
When selecting new light switches for your home, there are numerous options. Some of the most common types our electricians install in the Rhinelander, WI area include:
- Single Pole Light Switch: This is the most common type of switch installed in homes. These are typically used when you just want to turn a light on and off and are used for general lighting fixtures. These have one input contact and one output contact.
- Three-Way Light Switches: These can control several lights from more than one location. These are usually installed in hallways or stairways, so you can turn the lights on and off from various places. These have an extra terminal and don’t have defined On/Off markings. The lights will turn on or off depending on what part of the room the switch is being activated. So if you have one switch in the On placement, but turn off the light at the other end of the hallway, the light will turn off but the other switch will still be in an upward position.
- Dimmer Light Switch: These give you more control over the lighting in a room. These allow you to adjust the brightness in a room based on your current needs. These need to be paired with dimmer-capable lighting fixtures, bulbs, and lamps.
- Push Botton Light Switch: Another popular light switch is a push button switch. These are most often found in bathrooms, being used to turn on a fan.
- Smart Light Switches: You can also install WiFi-compatible smart light switches that can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet. These can also be paired with other smart home devices, like your Alexa.
When you need new light switches and dimmer installed in your home, call ICT Electric at 715-432-1415 for appointments in Oneida County. We guarantee satisfaction with every job!