Electric Vehicle Charging Station in Rhinelander, WI
When you buy an electric vehicle, you might be immediately in awe of its energy-saving capabilities and environmental benefits. However, the immediate excitement might be dulled when you have to find public charging stations. You can skip the wait by installing an EV charging station at your house. Call our experts at ICT Electric to schedule EV vehicle charging station installations at your Rhinelander, WI home. We will send trusted technicians to do the work!
Protect your family from the silent killer of carbon monoxide. Learn about our carbon monoxide detector installation services.
Benefits of Installing an EV Charging Station at Your Property
While there are many benefits to purchasing an electric vehicle, such as saving money on buying fuel and protecting the environment, there is also a major inconvenience – having to find a charging station. One way to make charging your vehicle easier is to install an EV charging station at your house.
Some of the advantages of having a charging station at your house can include:
- Having a fast and safe charging station
- Having a charging station available to you any time of day
- Having a cheap solution to power your vehicle, as it can cost just pennies a day to charge your EV at home
What You Need To Charge Electric Vehicles at Home
Did you know you can install an electric vehicle charging station at your house? To do this, an electrician will need you to choose if you will use a Level 1 electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) or Level 2 EVSE. An electrician can help you determine which equipment best fits your home and your vehicle.
- Level 1 EVSE: This does not require any special equipment – just an outlet to plug into and a dedicated branch circuit, making it a convenient option. Level 1 EVSE is ideal for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and EVs. This adds 2 to 5 miles of range to the vehicle for every hour of charging time.
- Level 2 EVSE: This can be less convenient to install than a Level 1 EVSE, but it can provide 10 to 60 miles of range for each hour of charging time. Because this charges through a 240 V AC plug, it needs a dedicated electrical circuit of 20 to 100 amps. An electrician can install this, ensuring all local requirements and permits are met.
Does your pool or hot tub need wiring replaced? Learn about our pool and hot tub wiring services in Rhinelander, WI.
Save Money by Charging Electric Vehicles at Home
While the biggest advantage of installing an electric vehicle charging station at your home is convenience, it can also save you money.
According to Energy.gov, drivers do more than 80 percent of their charging at home because of its convenience and cost-effectiveness. Charging at home allows drivers to take advantage of low residential electricity rates, whereas charging away from home can result in fees and wait times, according to the website.
When you buy an electric vehicle, one of the things you will need to determine is how you are going to charge it. Call ICT Electric at 715-432-1415 to learn about our electric vehicle charging station installations in Oneida County. We guarantee to arrive on time!